Maximum performance will be achieved when the antennas are aimed at the strongest signal from your wireless provider. If you know the direction of your provider’s tower, simply point the antenna in that direction. Note: the closest tower may NOT be used by your provider. We have included some helpful hints if you are unsure where your tower is located.
To get the maximum benefit, you will want to take special care to make sure you point the antennas in the direction of the best signal for your wireless service provider. To aim each antenna for maximum signal, you may need more than one cell phone, one operating in the Cellular band (typically Cingular, Verizon or Alltel ) and one operating in the PCS band (typically Sprint, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Cricket).
1. Using the phone operating in the Cellular band, place the cell phone on a non-metal surface
about 6-8 feet from the Base Unit.
2. Turn the signal booster ON and wait 30 seconds. Note the number of signal bars displayed on
your cell phone. For best results, you want to place your phone where the phone’s signal meter
displays in the middle of the signal meter range or less so that it can indicate as you rotate the Signal Antenna to the optimum direction. If it is reading too high, move the phone farther from the base unit antenna.
3. Record the number of signal bars ________(A) on your cell phone. Leave the phone in exactly
the same place and pointing in the same direction for the following steps.
Note the direction of the Yagi antenna starting position_________________________.
4. Rotate the Yagi antenna mast 90 degrees and then record the phone signal bars _________(B).
5. Continue to rotate the antenna mast another 90 degrees in the same direction and record the
phone signal bars _________(C).
6. Again, rotate the antenna mast another 90 degrees in the same direction and again record the
phone signal bars _________(D).
7. If you desire to optimize further, then look for the two highest signal bar readings above and move the antenna between these two points to find the highest signal bars reading.
8. Look for the highest reading above. Set the antenna to that position and tighten the antenna to the mast.
9. With a PCS cell phone, repeat steps 1 through 8 rotating the Panel antenna for maximum signal strength as indicated on the PCS cell phone.
10. Once you have determined the highest reading position for each phone, tighten the antennas
securely to the mast.
You have now completed the Directional Signal Antenna installation and you now have “Wireless Where You Want It.”